Are you looking for an easy Pork Tenderloin recipe that is also delicious? This is one of our family favorites! The Pork Tenderloin always comes out with a nice brown crust on the outside, and super tender on the inside. It has a lot of flavor with just a few basic items you probably already have in your pantry!
I have learned my share of lessons about cooking Pork Tenderloin. Read on to get some quick tips, and then step by step instructions for this wonderful recipe.
Secrets to Perfect Pork Tenderloin
Basics for this Recipe
- What is Pork Tenderloin? It is a long thin piece of meat that is about 6″ – 8″ in length and about 2″ diameter. This cut of meat is a great source of lean, healthy protein.
- When cooked properly it is absolutely tender and delicious! The secret is not to overcook the pork. According to pork.org: “Pork today is very lean, making it important to not overcook and follow the recommended pork cooking temperature. The safe internal pork cooking temperature for fresh cuts is 145 degrees Farenheit.” Use a cooking thermometer to measure the temperature at the thickest part of the cut, and once you have reached the desired internal temperature, remove from heat and let it rest for at least three minutes.
- We like the inside of the pork cooked to about 155 degrees Farenheit (personal preference). The meat reaches this temperature after about 15 minutes in the oven with this recipe. It will be a little pink in the middle when you slice it, which is normal.
- Browning the meat in a skillet first, and finishing it in the oven produces a nice crust on the outside and keeps the inside tender and juicy.
- Remove meat from heat and let rest for at least 10 minutes after roasting. This allows the pork to complete cooking, and makes it easy to slice for serving.
- You can make variations of this recipe by using your favorite herbs/seasonings in place of the flavorings in this recipe. Simply sprinkle the herbs and/or seasonings on the meat before browning, or brush a small amount of olive oil on the browned meat and sprinkle with herbs and/or seasonings just before placing in the oven.
Easy Italian Roast Pork Tenderloin Recipe
Let’s get cooking!
- 2 Pork Tenderloins, about 3/4 lb to 1 lb each, Trimmed
- 1 tsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Fennel Seed, Crushed
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Clove Garlic, Finely Chopped
Adjust an oven rack to the lower middle position, and pre-heat oven to 450 degrees Farenheit.
Prepare Pork – Trim Fat
Mash Garlic, Salt, Black Pepper, Fennel Seed, and Olive Oil into a paste. (Use a mortar & pestle, or a bowl and a spoon will also work)
Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a 12″ skillet over med-high heat until just smoking. Brown tenderloins on all sides, reducing heat if fat begins to smoke, about 10 minutes total (turn pork about every 2 minutes while browning)
Transfer browned tenderloins to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, and spread paste over the top of both tenderloins.
Roast in oven until center of pork registers 155 degrees Farenheit on a cooking thermometer, about 15 minutes.
Remove Pork Tenderloin from baking pan to cutting board, and let rest for 10 minutes. This will allow the pork to complete cooking, hold in the juices, and make slicing it for serving a breeze!
Cut into 1/4″ slices for serving. Accompany with potatoes or rice, and your fave cooked veggies or a salad for a complete meal!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! Happy Cooking!
Please feel free to save or print the recipe for your collection!Pork-Tenderloin-Recipe-Card-1
Now it’s your turn! Have you tried this recipe, or have some favorite variations of your own to share? Please leave any additional comments and/or suggestions below.