I want to say hello to all the people out there who have taken care of kids! As you know, this is not always an easy task. Kids can get bored so easily! So, if you’re like me and always looking for fun activities to do with kids at home, read on!
I have listed some of our favorite activities to do at home with our little one! She loves getting to play with mom, dad, grandparents, etc., and it doesn’t have to be anything fancy. It’s all about having fun together, building relationships, and creating happy childhood memories to last a lifetime!
35 Fun Things to do with Kids at Home!
Activities for children of all ages!
- Build a Fort out of blankets or a large cardboard box.
- Color or paint together.
- Play Games.
- Set up a Pretend Store, and take turns playing cashier and customer.
- Play School – The students could be you, dolls, stuffed animals, etc.
- Draw outside with sidewalk chalk.
- Play Hopscotch.
- Set up a pretend restaurant, and take turns playing different roles! Server, Cook, and Customer.
- Have an indoor picnic. Lay a blanket on the floor, and either eat a real meal / snack there, or use play food.
- Bake cookies or cupcakes, and decorate them.
- Play with Playdough or Kinetic Sand.
- Put together a puzzle.
- Have a movie night, complete with popcorn and/or other favorite treats, turn down the lights, and enjoy watching together.
- Tell each other jokes.
- Explore the backyard and look for pine cones, rocks or even critters.
- Blow Bubbles.
- Play soccer or catch.
- Catch fireflies.
- Play tag.
- Have a race to see who can run the fastest!
- Play Hide and Seek.
- Play Simon Says.
- Build something with Legos.
- Have a scavenger hunt.
- Turn on some fun music and have a dance party!
- Read some books.
- Line Up Dominoes and then tap the first one and watch them fall.
- Blow up balloons and bounce them back and forth.
- Play House.
- Get out the Action Figures, Barbies, Shopkins . . .or any other toy characters and make up stories using them.
- Make Slime.
- Go outside and look for shapes in the clouds.
- Go outside and look for constellations, the moon and planets if it is a clear night.
- Have a race with toy cars. Race them on the floor or table, or even get creative and build a track for the cars!
- See who can get a Slinky to walk down the most steps.
There you have it! 35 ideas for fun activities to do with kids at home!
What are some of your favorite things to do with kids at home? Please feel free to share in the comments below!