Do you need some ideas for Fun Fall Activities for Kids?
Our family has fall traditions we look forward to every year. One of our favorites is visiting a cider mill and taking the hayride to the apple orchard to pick apples.
Then we always enjoy some apple cider and donuts after the apple picking! Some other activities we enjoy are raking a pile of leaves to jump in, fall crafts, and decorating for Halloween.
Keep reading for loads of simple fun fall activities for kids to add to your family’s enjoyment of the season!
Fun Fall Activities
Have a great time!!
1. Pick a Pumpkin off the vine. Some farms even offer a hayride to and from the pumpkin patch!
2. Go on a Leaf Hunt and find different kinds of leaves. Challenge yourselves to identify they type of tree they fell from.
3. Make a Pine Cone Bird Feeder.
4. Take a trip to a local park and go for a hike or a bike ride. The cool weather is perfect for hikes and bike rides! Tip: Park trails are typically short, marked, and well kept. Many are also stroller friendly so the little ones can come too!
5. Have a bonfire in your backyard, or while camping, and make make S’mores. Who can resist the classic roasted marshmallow, graham cracker, and chocolate treat? Classic!
6. Visit a Cider Mill and enjoy some cider and doughnuts.
7. Apples are in season! Visit an apple orchard and pick some fresh apples!
8. Plant tulip bulbs for the spring. Kids will love helping to plant them, and then seeing them come up in the spring.
9. Jump in a pile of leaves. Rake up a big pile of those fallen leaves, get a running start, and dive in!
10. Take a drive or a walk to enjoy the fall colors. See how many trees you can spot with red, yellow, and /or orange leaves.
11. Have an outdoor nature scavenger hunt.
12 Make Fall Crafts.
Let’s not forget about Halloween! Here are some great ideas for you and your little monsters to celebrate this spooky holiday!
1. Build your own scarecrow. You could use old clothes, or purchase a pair of pants, shirts, hats, etc. from a local thrift store or garage sale. Stuff the shirt and pants with straw, old newspapers, or anything else you have laying around.
2. Visit a pumpkin patch to pick your own pumpkin to decorate or carve.
3. Decorate the pumpkin using paint, construction paper, glitter, googly eyes, ribbon, etc. Be creative!
4. Carve the pumpkin and add a tea light candle or LED candle to make a Jack O’ Lantern. You could make your own design, or use a template! They are available in the seasonal section of many stores and there are also free printable patterns online.
5. Roast Pumpkin Seeds from the pumpkins you carve. They are a tasty and healthy treat!
6. Have a Halloween Party complete with costumes and spooky snacks!
7. Go to a haunted house or a haunted hayride. Tip: Check out how scary they are before bringing your kids. Some are definitely more kid friendly than others!
8. Host a scary movie night at your home! (Not too scary if there are little ones. We don’t want to give anyone nightmares!). Invite some friends and/or family, add good eats, and dim the lights for a spooky good time!
9. Get dressed up in costumes and attend a local Halloween Parade for some family fun!
10. Go Trick or Treating.
Enjoy the Season
Be in the Moment
It has been my pleasure to share these fun fall activities with kids!
I know life is hectic, and it is my hope you found some awesome, simple ideas for things to do this fall.
Do you have any fall traditions or activities you do every year? Or, maybe have some ideas to add to the list? Please let us know in the comments! We love to hear from you!